Please contact me if you’re an CMM operator and interested in contracting jobs at Winston Salem, NC. Please show your interest by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title : CMM operator
Location : Winston Salem, NC(onsite work location)
Duration : 12+ months Hourly pay rate on W2(no other benefits)
On-site contract job and There will be no reimbursement for relocation.
Position needs to be familiar with high volume CMM Inspection. Knowledge of reading complex prints, understanding GD & T inspection, hand gaging, Microsoft Office and SPC in a manufacturing environment. Must be able to setup and operate programs on a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Axle Manufacturing (CAM) Winston-Salem facility. This position reports to the Quality Section Manager, but will interface closely with Machining and Supply Chain/Purchasing during execution of dimensional checks on CAM W-S produced parts, interplant parts and Purchased Finished parts. Ability to program CMM’s and a Romer Arm with Pcdmis 2011 mr1 CAD ++ is a plus.
Principle activities include:
1. Experience as CMM technician/operator for large, machined, high-precision parts.
2. Experienced in understanding translation of design intent to part drawing via GD&T and then translation from drawing to CMM technology to create a closed-loop process control system.
3. Proficient in speaking GD&T, specifically ASME Y14.5M and proper interpretation and appropriate evaluation to part and application. This will often include education of others where GD&T application is subjective and creates manufacturability opportunities.
4. Help determine and maintain processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules
5. Able to set up parts on modular fixturing and document the procedures for these set ups
6. Maintain priorities and schedules for the sequence of jobs.
7. Ability to work overtime or any shift as needed
8. Work to maintain safe working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
9. Monitor and improve safety; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean work environment.
Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, affirmative action, etc. in performing assigned duties.
Requires thorough knowledge of CMM operations, equipment and processes, machining operations, plus familiarity with materials and quality objectives. Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department. Prior experience in machining operations for heavy-duty industry applications is desirable. Desired experience in measurement uncertainty analysis, Gage R&R, Gage Design, and MSA.
This Job Description is intended as a general guide to job duties for this position and is intended for the purpose of establishing the specific salary grade. It is expressly not intended to be a comprehensive list of “essential job functions” as that term is defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.