Please find the below job description and send across your latest resume if you are comfortable and interested. Thanks.
Location : Winston Salem, NC
Rate : $23/hr W2 (No other benefits)
Duration : 12+ months
Qualifications/Requirements: Requires thorough knowledge of CMM operations, equipment and processes, machining operations, plus familiarity with materials and quality objectives. CMM programming experience in PC-DMIS is required for this position. Position needs to be familiar with high volume CMM Inspection. Needs to know how to read and interpret complex manufacturing blue prints. Strong knowledge and understanding GD & T inspection, hand gaging, and SPC in a manufacturing environment. Must be able to setup and operate programs on a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) at Caterpillar Axle Manufacturing (CAM) Winston-Salem facility. Experience with Microsoft Office; Excel, Work & PPT. This position reports to the Quality Section Manager, but will interface closely with Machining and Supply Chain/Purchasing during execution of dimensional checks on CAM W-S produced parts, interplant parts and Purchased Finished parts. This person needs to be able to work over time when required including weekends. This position requires successful completion of the Caterpillar Selection Process. Desirable Qualifications Ability to program a Romer Arm with Pcdmis 2011 mr1 CAD ++ and CNC machining is a plus. Shift: 1st shift, but can vary
This position will support the Quality Team.
1. Experience as CMM Programmer for large, machined, high-precision parts. Ability to program offline, also troubleshoot and prove out programs for operators.
2. Experienced in understanding translation of design intent to part drawing via GD&T and then translation from drawing to CMM technology to create a closed-loop process control system. This often includes translating axes in programs to match CNC axis labels, creating process drawings, creating process dimensions, and successfully commenting reports to directly translate to changes to be made in the process.
3. Proficient in speaking GD&T, specifically ASME Y14.5M and proper interpretation and appropriate evaluation to part and application. This will often include education of others where GD&T application is subjective and creates manufacturability opportunities.
4. Help determine and maintain processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules
5. Able to set up parts on modular fixturing and document the procedures for these set ups
6. Maintain priorities and schedules for the sequence of jobs.
7. Ability to work overtime as needed
8. Work to maintain safe working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
9. Monitor and improve safety; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean work environment.
10. Other duties may and can be assigned.
330 474 0573