Please find the below job description and send across your latest resume if you are comfortable and interested. Thanks.
Location : LaGrange, GA 30241
Rate : $27/hr W2 (No other benefits)
Duration : 12+ months
- Bachelor of Science in Packaging, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a minimum of 3 years of supply chain or packaging operations experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of shipping guidelines, quality, and inventory warehousing standards.
- Prior automotive packaging engineering experience
- Pro-E, CAD, Solidworks or other similar 3D electronic drafting experience
This position designs and develops packaging and containerization for material from the source of supply to the point of use, leveraging Global Transportation processes. This includes design and development of returnable and expendable shipping containers for both delivery to the customer and inbound to manufacturing and assembly facilities.
The packaging engineer develops the packaging plan and works with key groups to ensure material is presented to the line properly. Key duties include:
• Develop packaging solutions to protect finished painted components
• Design for transport efficiency
• Perform containerization analysis
• Validate new packaging and containers during pilot phase
• Coordinate with assembly planning for line-side storage and ergonomic considerations
• Resolve safety and / or quality issues caused by current packaging
• Resolve issues reported by 3PL or carriers
• Develop, communicate and maintain supplier packaging requirements
Customers include facility supply chain and logistics employees, plant operations supervisors and line employees, factory engineering, and other supply chain functional areas. External contacts include global vendors.
330 474 0573